I gave them 100%, not because each of the 6 categories was perfect, but because the overall experience has been amazing, mostly because the lady is so warm and welcoming and makes us feel at home. The breakfast is great. Most important for us we have a great wifi connection in our room. And our room is practically overhanging the sea. So we've extended our 2 nights to about a week. If you're coming from Dubrovnik by bus, there must be a better way than going to Split first (1.5 hour detour).
Anonymous, 01th Nov 2010, Canada
hostel adria is great, it is worth a visit. it's outside of split, 30min by bus, but worth it though it is directly layed at the ocean. when you speak german, it is easy to deal with the grandmother, because the family lived in germany for a while.if not, she calls her granddaughter for any questions, so she tells you in english. the stay was even better cause we could help the family olive picking and had a great bbq later. we can definitely recommend this place to everybody!
eddaklicks1449, 19th Oct 2010, Germany
A great cozy place to stay, the staff are way too nice, always smiling. The place is absolutely clean, everything looks new and well equipped. The ocean is in front of the reception and just across the street from the rooms. 100% recomended.
Natalia, 15th July 2010
We had a very relaxed time here. Staff was very friendly and helpful! The location was a bit out of town as stated on hostelworld, however beaches were close to here and bus stops. Had an awesome time and would recommend it to everyone!
Lisa, 27th June 2010
The Hostel is literally by the beach. Sonya is great. The rooms are new and clean. Great common room to meet other travellers. Overall I had a great time and would def comeback again
Clarissa, 19th June 2010
I have nothing bad to say about this place. It's a little way from Split on the bus, but you wouldn't really want to stay in Split anyway. Run by a beautiful family who really looked after us while we were there. Would stay again in a heartbeat.
Steve, Australia | Male 18-24 | 27th October 2009
Definitely the best hostel i ever stayed at. Mira is the best cook in all croatia (Ohrstöpsel). Everyone was really helpful and hospitable. Special thanks to Milan for bringing us to Split, so we could go to Mostar. Nikola (Nicolai) is really an attraction ;). Everyone should come and visit us in the north, we would be really happy to see you again! We will come back... for sure! This is for Ante: Ej was geht ab? Liebe Grüße und noch mal vielen Dank, Steffi und Sören
Steffi, Germany | Couple 18-24 | 26th October 2009
Fantastic. Real hospitality. Very generous hosts. Spacious rooms, great common area, excellent internet. We enjoyed a couple of great bbqs together with the family's wine, local grappa and vegetables from the garden. The sea is at the door. You'd be nuts to stay anywhere else.
Adrian, Australia | | 08th August 2009
This hostel is freaking paradise! I have been traveling around for a while and there's no hostel to compare with Adria. You are welcomed with open arms, the place got that "home-feeling", and once you get here you don't want to leave. This is definitely the place to stay while in Croatia!
robinfrostensson8317, Sweden | Male 18-24 | 10th August 2009
Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE HOSTEL/HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION CONTRACT OF HOSTEL ADRIA
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply for the Hostel Accommodation Contract (comprises and replaces the following terms:
lodging contract, Customer reception contract, hostel contract, rooms contract, hostel room contract; hereinafter referred to as (“Contract”) as well as all other services and supplies rendered to the Customer (comprises and replaces the following terms:
Guest, Ordering Party, Renter, Tour Operator, Agent) by HOSTEL ADRIA (hereinafter referred to as “Hostel”).
II. CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT
1. Upon the Customer‘s request for a reservation, a Contract is brought about by the Hostel‘s corresponding confirmation of the
2. Contractual partners are the Hostel and the Customer. If a third party has made the reservation on behalf of the Customer, this party shall be liable vis-à-vis the Hostel jointly and severally with the Customer for all obligations resulting from the Contract if the Hostel is in possession of a corresponding declaration given by the third party. Independent therefrom, any Ordering Party is obliged to pass on all booking related information to the Customer, in particular the present General Terms and Conditions.
3. Sub- and re-leasing of rooms as well as their usage for purposes other than accommodation require the prior written consent of the Hostel.
4. Bookings can only be done by contractually capable people.
5. Adherence to the most up-to-date version of the House Rules is stipulated in this contract. These can be downloaded from the website of the Hostel (www.hostel-adria.com) or requested at the hostel.
III. SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT
1. The Hostel is obliged to have the booked rooms available according to the present General Terms and Conditions and to fulfil the services agreed upon.
2. The Customer is obliged to pay the prices applying to or agreed on for the provision of accommodation and additional services the Customer has made use of, respectively booked. This also applies to services and expenses of the Hostel vis-à-vis third parties incurred for performances rendered upon the Customer’s request.
3. The prices agreed include the applicable statutory Value Added Tax.
4. In case the period between the conclusion and performance of the Contract exceeds four months, and if the prices usually charged by the Hostel for such services have increased in the meantime, the Hostel may increase the contractually agreed price accordingly, but, by no more than 10 per cent maximum. In this case, the Customer is entitled to revoke the Contract.
5. The prices may also be changed by the Hostel if the Customer subsequently wants to change the number of the booked rooms, the service of the Hostel or the duration of the Customer’s stay and the Hostel gives its consent thereto.
6. The Hostel is entitled to request, on the conclusion of the Contract or later, a reasonable advance payment or security deposit in the form of a credit card guarantee. The amount of the advance payment and its due date may be agreed upon in the Contract, in writing.
7. In reasonable cases, e.g. if the Customer is in arrears with the Hostel’s payments, the Hostel is entitled to request an advance payment or security deposit respectively the increase of the contractual advance payment or security deposit up to the full agreed payment, also after the conclusion of the Contract.
8. The total amount, less potential deposits, as detailed in an itemised bill, is due upon arrival unless otherwise arranged beforehand.
9. Moreover, the Hostel is entitled to call and declare as due claims accruing during the Customer’s stay by issuing an interim invoice and requesting immediate payment.
10. For groups of 12 or more, a deposit in the amount of 10 per cent of the total booking price is due four weeks after receipt of booking confirmation unless otherwise arranged beforehand. The remaining amount is due until the previous day of arrival without any payment reminder on the part of the Hostel, unless otherwise arranged beforehand. This does not apply for group bookings made on short notice within eight weeks of arrival; in such cases, the bill must be paid in full immediately upon receipt of booking confirmation.
11. The Hostel accepts assumptions of costs only for an amount of 500.00 EUR respectively 500.00 GBP at maximum per stay and only declared by companies or institutions based in Germany, Austria and Great Britain. For security reasons, the Hostel requires a security deposit in the form of a credit card guarantee. This does not apply to bookings of government agencies and public institutions.
Assumptions of costs are solely valid for accommodation costs as well as for breakfast and parking, if applicable. An invoice will be issued to the address stated on the declaration form, after the stay of the guest. Only fully completed forms of the Hostel with the company’s respective agency’s/institution’s stamp will be accepted. The Hostel reserves the right to decline declarations of assumption of costs in particular cases.
12. Separate confirmations for visa requests will be only issued after a full prepayment of the total booking amount. Normally, the service is made by fax to the accordant embassy. For this service a fee in the amount of 10.00 EUR, or respectively 10.00 GBP applies, which is payable together with the prepayment and which is not refundable under any circumstances even if the visa request should be refused by the embassies, consulates or visa processing agencies concerned.
13. Upon receipt, invoices issued by the Hostel shall become payable immediately without deduction. The Customer shall be in default at the latest upon failure to pay within 14 days after the receipt of an invoice. In the case of default of payment, the Hostel is entitled to charge consumers interests in the amount of 5 per cent above the base rate. For business transactions, the default interest rate is 8 per cent above the base rate. The Hostel reserves the right to prove a higher damage. For each dunning letter sent after default occurs, the Hostel may charge a reminder fee of 5.00 EUR respectively 5.00 GBP.
14. The Customer shall be entitled to a set-off or a reduction respectively to exercise the right of retention as against a claim of the Hostel with only undisputed or unappeasable legally binding claims.
IV. REVOCATION BY THE CUSTOMER (CANCELLATION) / FAILURE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SERVICES BOOKED
(NONARRIVAL / ”NO SHOW”)
1. The Hostel grants to the Customer the right to revoke the Contract at any time. In this respect, the following provisions shall apply:
1.1. Individual bookings for up to 12 persons: can be cancelled free of charge until 48 hours before arrival, unless otherwise agreed. In case of a shorttermed cancellation within 48 hours before arrival or in case of no show, the Hostel is entitled to reasonable compensation. The lump sum to be paid in cases of revocation is the contractually agreed price for the first overnight accommodation.
1.2. Bookings for groups of 12 or more: Any cancellations are permitted free of charge up to 60 days before the expected day of arrival for groups on the basis of multi bed rooms; respectively 45 days before the expected day of arrival for groups on the basis of single and double rooms. For cancellations made after this deadline, the following cancellation fees apply; these fees also apply for bookings made within this term:
a) For cancellations made 59 to 30 days respectively 44 to 30 days before expected arrival, 30 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
b) For cancellations made 29 to 10 days before expected arrival, 50 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
c) For cancellations made 9 to 1 day(s) before expected arrival, 80 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
d) Customers who either cancel on the day of their expected arrival or simply do not show up will be charged 90 per cent of the agreed-upon total price in full. Above cancellation conditions also apply if the number of persons is reduced at least 10 per cent within this period of time. A reduction of less than 10 per cent is free of charge until 1 day prior to arrival.
1.3. Booked meals can be cancelled free of charge until 8 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of 100 per cent of the agreed-upon total price applies.
2. The Customer is free to prove that the Hostel did not suffer any damage, or that the damage incurred to the Hostel amounts to less than the lump-sum revocation compensation claimed.
3. The above provisions on the compensation shall apply if no other regulations have been declared in the Contract (e.g. for bookings during special dates)
4. A withdrawal of the Contract entered with the Hostel, has to be submitted in writing. The cancellation is not, however, valid without the written affirmation of the Hostel. Failing that, the original price stipulated in the Contract must be paid in full even if the Customer fails to take advantage of the services stipulated in the contract.
V. REVOCATION BY THE HOSTEL
1. In case an advance payment agreed or stipulated in clause III Paragraph 7, 8 and 11 is not performed within a period prescribed for this purpose, the Hostel is entitled to revoke the Contract.
2. Moreover, the Hostel shall be entitled to extraordinary revocation of the Contract for good cause, in particular, if
• force majeure or other circumstances which do not fall under the scope of responsibility of the Hostel make it impossible to perform the Contract;
• misleading or incorrect statements of material facts have been used in booking rooms, for example, with respect to the person of the Customer, or the purpose;
• the Hostel has justified reason to assume that in case the Customer makes use of the Hostel’s services the smooth business operations, safety, or reputation of the Hostel in the public may be impeded, without such matters being attributable to the Hostel’s power of control or organisation;
• an infringement of clause II Paragraph 3 or 4, clause VI Paragraph 4 or 8 to 10 exists;
• the Hostel has gained knowledge that the financial situation of the Customer has considerably worsened after conclusion of contract, in particular if the Customer does not pay for due claims of the Hostel or does not provide sufficient security and as a result payment claims of the Hostel appear to be endangered;
• the Customer has filed an application for the opening of insolvency proceedings, made an affidavit according to Sec. 807 of the German Code of Civil Procedure, initiated extra-judicial proceedings for the settlement of debts or suspended its payments;
• insolvency proceedings are opened on the assets of the Customer or the opening of the same is rejected for lack of assets or any other reasons.
3. The Hostel is obliged to inform the Customer of the exercising of the revocation right in writing without delay.
4. In the above cases of revocation the Customer is not entitled to compensation for damage.
VI. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE, OTHER REGULATIONS FOR THE HOSTEL STAY
1. The Customer is not entitled to the provision of certain specific rooms unless the Hostel has confirmed the provision of these specific rooms in writing.
2. For groups of 12 or more staying in multi bed rooms, the Hostel will distribute the room allocation.
3. Booked rooms shall be available at the Customer’s disposal from 12.00 a.m. on the agreed date of arrival. The Customer shall not be entitled to an earlier provision.
4. Booked rooms shall be taken by the Customer on the agreed date of arrival by 6.00 p.m. at the latest. Unless a later time of arrival has been guaranteed by prepayment or credit card, the Hostel has the right to place the booked rooms with other Customers after 6.00 p.m., without the contractual party being able to claim any compensation as a result thereof. In so far, the Hostel is entitled to
5. On the agreed date of departure, the rooms shall be vacated and at the Hostel’s free disposal by 10.00 a.m. at the latest. Thereafter, the Hostel may charge for use exceeding the contractual time, beyond the damage incurred to it thereby, 100 per cent of the full applicable daily room rate (list price). The Customer is free to prove vis-à-vis the Hostel that no damage or a considerably lower damage has been incurred to the Hostel. If late departure has been pre-booked, the departure time extends to 13.00 p.m.
6. For groups of 12 or more, the Hostel must be provided with a list of the full names and dates of birth of all group members no later than upon arrival.
7. If the actual number of Customers exceeds the number booked and expected, accommodation is not guaranteed for these additional group members.
8. Customers under the age of 18 are not allowed to sleep in dormitories. In private rooms minor people have to be accompanied by a full aged person or show a letter of agreement of a legal guardian including a copy of his or her ID card. This rule does not apply for group travellers accompanied by a major person which is authorised by a legal guardian.
9. In dormitories, a maximum length of stay of 14 nights applies within one month.
10. When both accommodation and breakfast have been booked, breakfast will be served on the morning following each overnight stay.
When room and half- or full-board have been booked, the first meal served will be dinner on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged beforehand. Meal times will be discussed and determined upon arrival at the latest.
VII. LIABILITY OF THE HOSTEL, LIMITATION
1. The Customer is liable for all inventory losses and damages caused by misuse, carelessness or negligence. Should the guilty individual not come forward or be discovered, the group as a whole will be held liable. Upon the arrival of a group, the hostel retains the right to collect a security deposit in the amount of 10.00 EUR respectively 10.00 GBP per person, though not exceeding a total of 500.00 EUR respectively 500.00 GBP for the group. Upon departure, this deposit will be reimbursed in full so long as no damage to hostel property
has been caused by the group. Damages that are at higher costs than the security deposit, have to be paid on the spot.
2. If any interference with the performance of any obligation or if defects in the services of the Hostel occur, the Hostel will, on immediate complaint of the customer, endeavour to remedy the same. If the Customer fails culpably to notify a defect to the Hostel, this shall not result in a right to reduce the contractually agreed remuneration.
3. The Hostel is liable for all damage arising to the Customer’s properties as well as from the injury to life and limb according to the statutory provisions.
4. The Hostel shall be liable for any other damage caused by slight negligence only if such damage results from the violation of a material contractual obligation or a cardinal duty in a way that endangers the purpose of the Contract. In these cases liability shall be limited to the damage typically foreseeable for such type of contract.
5. The foregoing limitations of liability shall apply for any claims for damages, irrespective of their legal basis including claims arising from tort. Aforementioned limitations of liability shall also apply in cases of any claims for damages of a Customer against employees or vicarious agents of the Hostel. They do not apply in the cases of liability for a defect after a guarantee for the quality of an object or a work was given, or in cases of fraudulently concealed defects or injury to persons.
6. If the Customer is – even against payment – provided with a parking space in the garage or the car-park of the Hostel, this shall not constitute the conclusion of a contract of bailment deposit. The Hostel shall not have any surveillance obligations for the vehicles. If vehicles or the contents of vehicles parked or otherwise situated on the Hostel premises are lost or damaged, the Hostel shall be not liable unless the Hostel, its legal representatives or its vicarious agents have caused such damage by wilful intent or gross negligence. In this case, the damage must be claimed vis-à-vis the Hostel on departure from the Hostel at the latest.
7. Wake-up services shall be performed by the Hostel with the greatest care. Claims for damages shall be excluded except in cases of gross negligence or wilful intent.
8. The Hostel treats with care messages, mail and consignment of goods for the Customers. The Hostel shall ensure delivery, storage and, upon request and against payment forwarding of the same as well as of found items upon inquiry. The delivery address may differ from the Hostel’s or Company’s address. Claims for damages are excluded, except in cases of gross negligence or wilful intent. The Hostel is entitled to hand over the aforementioned objects to the local lost property office after a storage period of one month at the latest and charging a reasonable fee.
9. The Customer’s claims for damages shall fall under the statute of limitations two years at the latest from the time the Customer obtains knowledge of the damage, or, irrespective of this knowledge, three years at the latest after the damaging event. This shall not apply to the liability for damages arising from the injury to life or limb as well as for any other damage based on a breach of duty
through wilful intent or gross negligence on the part of the Hostel, a legal representative or a vicarious agent of the Hostel.
10. Gymnastics on, the improper use / handling of, as well as jumping from the three-storey bunk beds and the galleries/ gallery stairs are strictly prohibited. We do not assume liability for damages or injuries that occur through a fall from the three storey bunk bed, a gallery or the stairs of the gallery. The guest itself is liable for damages/ injuries caused by the improper use of the galleries/gallery stairs or the three-storey bunk bed.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Changes or amendments to the Contract, in the acceptance of the offer or to these General Terms and Conditions shall be made in writing. Unilateral changes or modifications on the part of the customer shall be invalid.
2. Place of performance and payment shall be the registered office of the Hostel.
3. Exclusive place of jurisdiction in the business transactions – also in the case of disputed cheques and bills of exchange – shall be the registered office of the Hostel, or upon the Hostel’s request, Berlin. To the extent a contractual partner does not have a general place of urisdiction within the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany, the place of jurisdiction shall be the registered office of the Hostel. However, the Hostel is also entitled to institute complaints and other legal proceedings also at the general place of jurisdiction of the Customer.
4. Depending on the location of the Hostel, bookings are liable to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, of the Austrian Republic or of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Uniform Law on the International Sale of Goods and the Conflicts of Law do not apply and may not be applied.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for the Hostel Accommodation Contract be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. Moreover the statutory provisions shall apply.